The Ever-Growing Life List
All adventures start somewhere. I keep coming across things that I’d really like to experience at some point, so they keep getting added to the following list.
These items are in no particular order. Some are really basic. Some are complicated. Some may not be possible. And some may make sense only to me. Either way, here goes nothing!
001. Visit every country in the world.
Become an archaeologist (Completed November 2007) and dig (Completed July 2005).
003. Climb an Egyptian pyramid.
Climb a Mesoamerican pyramid. (Completed January 2008)
Go on a hot-air balloon ride. (Completed August 2010)
007. Drive on the other side of the road.
See the Nazca Lines. (Completed December 2008)
009. Ride an elephant. I know it’s probably not one of those animal friendly things in most cases, but if I can find an animal friendly one, I’m totally doing it.
010. Learn to hang-glide.
011. Learn to play the cello. At least a little bit.
012. Walk on hot coals.
Complete a whole journal book. (Completed June 2007)
014. Hear the whales from underwater. No idea if this one is even possible for human ears. Is it? Anyone?
Hike the Inca Trail. (Completed November 2008)
016. Swim at the Great Barrier Reef.
Swim in the Dead Sea. (Completed July 2006)
018. Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Get a tattoo. (Completed May 2009)
020. Go canopy sailing.
Swim in the ocean. Any ocean. (Completed July 2005)
022. See the Midnight Sun.
023. Ride the Amazon River.
024. Photograph the heads at Rapa Nui / Easter Island.
Meet the New Kids on the Block. (Completed October 2008)
026. Swim with dolphins.
Appear on TV. (Completed August 2001)
028. See the Monarch Butterfly migration.
029. Have my photograph taken at the corner of Logee Street and Jillson Avenue in Woonsocket, RI.
See the Treasury facade in Petra. Indy was there once! (Completed July 2006)
Win a race. (Completed June 2000)
Have a photograph published. (Completed October 2006)
Have a story published. (Completed October 2006)
Have research published. (Completed Spring 2007)
Hear the Dalai Lama speak in person. (Completed September 2009)
Have my own gallery showing. (Completed November 2013)
037. That that thing where you’re in a hamster ball and you walk on water in it.
Go to Vulcan, Alberta and geek out, Star Trek style. (Completed September 2009)
See the Northern Lights in their full glory, not just that slight bit I saw in the city once. (Completed February 2012)
040. Photograph Kolmanskop, Namibia.
042. Visit Allison in Costa Rica OR travel with her somewhere.
043. Attend a Comic Con… in costume!
Finish a project-365. (Completed December 2010)
045. Finish writing a non-fiction book, regardless of if it gets published or not.
046. Camp out in a museum overnight.
047. Run a 5km race.